All jewelry requires certain levels of care to increase its life span. While regular gold and silver products can be easily cleaned with wipes and solutions, our products are made of sensitive wood materials and some even include cured epoxy resin to add pops of color. Here are some tips and tricks to keep your Blonde & Burl Wood Co. pieces in tip-top shape for years to come.
- Avoid getting wood products wet. While some wood pieces have been sealed to finish, we do not recommend showering, swimming or submerging your wood jewelry in water.
- Do not expose epoxy resin to direct heat or UV light. Epoxy resin is a type of plastic so it can be subject to melting when it heats up. This can cause products to warp when they become warm. Epoxy resin can also yellow when overly exposed to direct sunlight.
- Do not use harsh chemicals on the products. Alcohol and Acetone products will tarnish your Blonde & Burl Wood Co. jewelry. This includes perfumes, nail polish removers, and alcohol based cleansers.
- Remove oils, make up and dirt from your jewelry after wearing. Make up will inevitably transfer from your face to the product from time to time. Natural oils in our skin can also be transferred onto the products causing them to dim their shine. Remove oils and dirt with a dry cloth. Gold & silver products like necklaces can be cleaned using normal jewelry wipes.
- Keep your jewelry in safe place when not wearing it. Epoxy resin and wood are obviously not the hardest products on the planet and can be easily scratched on the surface. A lined, closing jewelry box is ideal for safe keeping.